a text down memory lane.

Monday, November 3, 2008 11:11 PM

Spent some time typing away this weekend. I was recording all the text messages that I've kept since I got my phone in May of 2007. Lots of hours I'll never get back... I'm only through half of them so far.

Backstory: My stupid phone limits me to 250 text messages in my inbox, and won't save any outgoing texts. I've spent many hours trying to figure out how to save outgoing texts, but to no avail. Sometimes I'd get text messages from people replying to my texts, but then I'd forget what I sent them. Not fun, as I have to waste a text message asking them what it was I texted them about. This past year, I've been a major text fiend; my inbox has been exploding with messages that I've constantly had to delete in order to make room for the new. But I kept about 240 of them for the memories.

Anyway, my plan was to type out all the text messages that I've kept into a word document so that they're still accessible without taking up room in my phone. So that the memories still exist. Like I said, I've only been through half of them so far, but it's been pretty funny looking back. I have a quite a few favourites. They'll remain anonymous, but you know who you are.


"Its okay. Im okay."

"You're a dork..."

"What omg... Kinda hot i wont lie... We'll talk later."

"My stomach is fukked. Holy shit what a day."

"I dreamt we found you a crazy camera for 250.. We were both so bewildered. Then we went to the us border and started to run and jump, eventually the jumps became higher and higher and we eventually flew over the border fence.. It was wicked."

"Cannonball just came on my iPod"

"Wings are wide/ i no longer hide/ my mind is bright and i will fight for a longer sight"

"You have your health, talent labido, but most of all, good friends! Good clothes are new clothes, good friends are old friends. Peace be with you!"

"Yes! Ha ha what you want to know? :-D"

That's are what memories are made of. The best and worst of times. You won't know what's best unless you've had what's worst.

0 comments:

Currently...

    twit me
    Powered By Blogger