procrastination is time lapse.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:08 AM


Baby Be Mine - Michael Jackson

Late Friday night after some drinking, I decided that it was time for me to give myself a fun experimental project. Since my new MacBook Pro was getting loaded with goodies until Sunday morning, I decided to spend my Saturday indoors, creating a time lapse video of the street intersection outside my window.

Staying in all day worked well anyway because I woke up with a slight hangover. The only problem was that I couldn't wake up early enough for sunrise, which for a still time lapse, makes all the difference as it is the most noticeable change in lighting. Well, sunrise and sunset.

So I began in the afternoon, originally planning to take a photo every 10 minutes for 24 hours. The timing got really messed up later in the day as I would fall asleep or be playing Fable (which I cleared the story mode that night, sadly...) and forget to take a photo every 10 minutes. Other times, I would go on a frenzy, taking a photo every 30 seconds to a minute... And also, I didn't have the proper equipment to hold the camera still, so there was some drastic shifting near the end.

I didn't end up spending the full 24 hours taking photos every 10 minutes, as I was procrastinating with the XBox, then I got too tired an went to bed, since I had to wake up early for the laptop pick up, uptown.

I gave up with Veoh and opened a Vimeo account. Hopefully it'll be much better. I think I'm gonna re-upload all my videos onto Vimeo and kill of Veoh. Bad service. Also, h
ere's a well done video on procrastination by John Kelly.




0 comments:

Currently...

    twit me
    Powered By Blogger